Keeping the Community In the Know
The freeway message board provides an opportunity to present campus events and activities to the community. Messages promoted on the board are intended for off-campus audiences.
Priority for All-University use will be given to messages regarding:
- All-University events that attract the general public including Commencement and Homecoming
- Cultural activities on campus that attract the general public and for which admission is charged including theater, music and dance performances, and art exhibitions
- General campus announcements
- Alumni membership and event announcements
- Seasonal or community messages
Messages can be displayed on the marquee up to two (2) weeks prior to your event. Messages will not be displayed longer than two weeks.
Using one to three lines, fourteen spaces are available per line and equal one frame. Your message may occupy two frames maximum. You may not include phone numbers. URLs must fit on one line.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of requests, student organizations are exempt from posting on the freeway sign as there is limited space and availability. The Student Union will provide several opportunities for organizations to advertise and promote events.
Requests submitted less than seven days prior to start date may not be accommodated on time.
Requests will be processed within five working days. You will be notified if your message is not approved or needs to be edited.
If you want a picture included in your message, please add five (5) Xs to the beginning of all 3 lines of the frame and then start your text. The picture must be in a 72dpi JPEG format. Please email it to [email protected].
For more information, please contact StratComm by emailing [email protected].